If you are bored with your regular daal try this spicy chana daal for your meal, I am sure you will love it. This Daal is made from chana daal or bengal gram split, lauki and tomato and the addition of Indian Spices gives a unique and awesome flavours to it. My family loves this daal . The flavours are enhanced as it is tempered with pure ghee along with fried onion and garam masala powder. Last time I shared the recipe of chana daal halva, chana daal bars, chana daal bhajiya and rikwach recipe. I am sure you will love this as well. Follow my easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Chana Daal / Bengal gram split||2 cup|
|Lauki / Bottle Gourd||2 cup diced|
|Garlic paste||2 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for tempering :
|Pure ghee||5 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 bunch|
1. Wash the daal properly and take it into pressure cooker along with diced bottle-gourd / Lauki.
2. Add chopped tomato and onion, green chilli, garlic paste, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and 1 glass of water.
3. Close the cooker and pressure cook on high heat for 1 whistle then slow the flame and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Open the cooker and daal will look like this as shown below in the picture.
4. Mix it well with the help of madani. (Daal should not be mashed). Heat the ghee in a pan and temper with chopped garlic.
5. Now add chopped onion and fry it till golden brown in color.
6. Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and temper ingredients into cooker.
7. Mix it well and chana daal is ready. Serve hot with rice or chapatti.