Chicken Biryani is simply delicious food . I think this should be called “Rice layered with spicy chicken Moghul style” for a reason. Save it for an occasion, but I am going to keep this recipe as an ace up my sleeve for when I really need to impress some of my husband’s relatives , Once he tasted and told me if I would have known that you can cook so delicious Biryani , I would have got married earlier it was the best biryani he ever tasted… THE BEST. That made me feel like all my hard work was worth it.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
|Basmati Rice||2 cup|
|Cinnamon||1/2 inch piece|
|Cumin Seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||a large pinch|
|Mace||a large pinch|
|Pepper corns||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves||2 teaspoon|
|Saffron (dissolved in 1 tablespoon milk)||1 teaspoon|
|Curd (beaten)||1 cup|
|Vanaspati /ghee||1/2 cup|
For Marinade: Chicken
1. Grind together ginger , garlic , nutmeg , mace , cumin seeds , cardamoms brown , cardamoms green , cinnamon , pepper corns , cloves ,tomato into a paste.
2. Rub ground paste into chicken , add turmeric powder , salt , curd , mix well and keep aside for 1 hours.
3. In a large frying pan , heat oil for about 5 minutes , divide onions into 2 batches , fry each batch with 3/4 teaspoon salt till onions are golden brown and crisp , remove onions on a strainer to drain off excess oil , crumble the fried onions and mix with marinated chicken.
4. In a pan heat oil for about 5 minutes , add marinated chicken , coriander powder , chilli powder and 1 cup water .
5. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat .
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.Cook separately by adding 3 cups of water for 2 cup of rice, along with some cardamom brown and green , Cumin seeds , cloves , bay leaf , salt , and cinnamon stick(2 each).
- Cook the rice until it breaks while pressing in hands(3/4th). After cooked remove the rice and spread it out on a thali or a big pan.
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in an oven proof dish. Place a layer of cooked rice followed by a layer of chicken. Place a layer of fried onions, Repeat a layers of cooked rice and then a layer of chicken and finish with a layer of rice. Sprinkle some ghee, saffron , fried onions and mints and on last layer of rice.
- 4. Place in an oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the top gets brown. In case of stove you can keep in low flame and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now Chicken Biryani is ready and serve hot with yogurt.