Momos are easy to cook .Momos is a low calorie snack and it is usually served with red chilli Chutney.It can be fried or steamed. Steamed Momos from the east Indian state of Sikkim are delicious and easy on the conscience too, You can fill them with any minced meat of your choice.
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
|Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger||1/2 inch pieces|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chat Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Refined Flour||2 Cup|
|Baking Soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mango Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
For The Momo wrapper:
1.Take Refined flour, add baking powder , salt and water to make smooth dough.
2 . Keep aside for 30 Minutes and covered with muslin cloth.
3. Roll out medium size chapattis from dough as shown above in picture.
1. Heat oil in a pan , Add chopped onion , ginger , garlic , Zeera, green chillies , stir for minutes as shown above in picture.
2. Now add grated cabbage , red chilli powder , garam masala powder, Mango powder, chat masala, salt and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Now add crushed paneer and mix well.
4. Filling is Ready.
How to proceed :
1. place a momo wrapper on a flat dry surface and put 3 teaspoons of the stuffing in the centre as shown above.
2. Apply the flour paste along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle.
3. Repeat with the remaining momo wrappers and stuffing to make more momos.
4. Place Momos into Momo maker or in idli maker . I have used idli maker ,Steam for 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai ,fry momo till light brown.
6. Serve hot with Red Chilli Chutney or sauce.